Monday 8 February 2016

Tragic mum-of-two dies in house fire 'sparked by faulty tumble dryer' - Mirror

Mishell Moloney, 49, was found dead by horrified neighbours and fire officers have launched an investigation

A tragic mum-of-two died in a house fire believed to have been sparked by a tumble dryer.

Mishell Moloney, 49, was found dead by horrified neighbours in an upstairs bedroom on Sunday.

Her devastated daughter raised the alarm after she was unable to contact her on the phone.

Fire officers believe the blaze was caused by a faulty tumble dryer and have launched an investigation.

Mishell lived in the flat in Frankley, Birmingham, with her 16-year-old son, who was not at home at the time.

Mum-of-five Ms Stanford said the alarm was raised at 4.15pm on Sunday.

“Mishell’s daughter was banging on the door and screaming out her mum’s name,” she said.

“She said they’d been ringing all day and couldn’t get hold of her.

“Josh smashed a window and kicked the door and that’s when we saw the smoke.”

“We searched all through and eventually found Mishell.

“She was upstairs in the bedroom lying on the floor on her back.

“We rang 999 and the operator told us what to do.

“I was doing CPR while someone else was doing mouth-to-mouth.”

“Only on Thursday we were having a moan about the fact the bins hadn’t been collected,” she said.

Last year it emerged a number of tumble dryers sold in the UK since 2011 may be fire hazards.

Owners of Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda air-vented dryers and condensing dryers may need them fixed.

West Midlands Fire Service said there was currently no evidence that Mishell had one of the affected appliances.

A spokeswoman said: “Further investigations on the tumble dryer are continuing because we are not sure if it’s a recalled tumble dryer.

“There is no evidence to suggest that it is at the moment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment