Monday 18 July 2016

Mum jailed for child cruelty after drug-user boyfriend bludgeoned her toddler son to death

Defenceless tot Finley Thomas tragically died after suffering a fractured skull and broken ribs - and was even found with cocaine and cannabis in his system

A mum has been jailed for child cruelty after her drug-user boyfriend battered her baby son to death.

Finley Thomas was just 17 months old when he died after suffering a fractured skull and broken ribs.

He was also discovered to have traces of cocaine and cannabis in his system following his tragic death.

Chloe Thomas's partner Sean Buckley claimed the little boy had fallen downstairs after paramedics found him motionless and pale at his home in Tonypandy, South Wales.

But doctors found Finley had suffered a severe bleed to the brain and discovered an older injury behind his right ear.

The court heard Buckley had smashed a garden chair against the head of the defenceless toddler, and the judge condemned him as cruel and wicked.

Buckley, 28, was jailed for life with a minimum term of 17 years after being convicted last month.

Thomas, 25, pleaded guilty to child cruelty during her trial and on Monday was jailed at Cardiff Crown Court for 20 months.

She had denied another charge of causing or allowing the death of a child, which was dropped.

Ms Justice Frances Patterson said she could not suspend the sentence, Wales Online reported today .

The judge continued: "By all accounts, you were a devoted mother, who offered nothing but love.

“Early in 2014, you formed a relationship with Sean Buckley.

“Around April 2014, he moved into the home that you had carefully created for yourself and your son.

“Shortly after that, your care of your son deteriorated."

Less than six months after Buckley and Thomas started a relationship she rang 999 and told the operator that her son had "banged his head" at her home in Adams Street, Tonypandy, and was "lying floppy".

Finley was taken to the Royal Glamorgan Hospital before being transferred to the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, where a 10cm by 10cm swelling was found on the back of his head.

He died the following day on September 24.

Read More >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment